BVSD Early Childhood Education employs highly trained professional educators who are excited about sparking a love of learning and preparing your child for success. All BVSD ECE educators are college graduates – with 100% holding advanced degrees.
- All of our preschool teachers in the district have an Early Childhood Special Education license. That means they are trained to teach all children in their classrooms, including those with special needs.
- All preschool teachers have a Child Care Director License through the Division of Early Learning and Care. In addition, teachers are required to take continuing education hours and renew their director license every five years.
- All preschool para-educators are "Teacher" qualified through the Division of Early Learning and Care child care regulations.
- All preschool teachers and para-educators receive over 30 hours of on-site professional development annually, with a focus on Early Childhood Education instructional practices.
- All preschool classrooms have licensed speech language pathologists, occupational therapists, school psychologists and/or social workers who are licensed through the State of Colorado. These related service providers offer direct services for children with special needs and collaborate with the preschool teacher and para-educator to provide a comprehensive integrated approach to early learning.
- All community liaisons have been trained locally in the nationally recognized Brazelton Touchpoints model from Harvard University.